WARRANTIES FROM OUR SUPPLIERS
These manufacturers warranties apply to the corresponding products used by CUSTOM HOME PRODUCTS Ltd and supersede any previous terms of trade
MANUFACTURER’S PRODUCT WARRANTY
1. MANUFACTURER’S PRODUCT WARRANTY
Subject to statutory guarantees, the Manufacturer warrants against defects in materials & workmanship from the date of purchase for the periods specified:
1.1 Roller Door
Domestic/Residential use – 2 years for steel door curtain & associated labour & 1 year for surface coating, locking mechanism, all other components & associated labour (excludes salt corrosion). Industrial/Commercial use – 1 year for allcomponents, motors & labour (excludes salt corrosion).
1.2 Steel Sectional Door
Domestic/Residential use – 2 years for steel door panel & associated labour & 1 year for surface coating, locking mechanism, all other components & associated labour. Industrial/Commercial (High usage doors) use– 1 year for all components, motors & labour 10 years on Colorsteel sectional doors against perforation. (Labour not included after 2 years) Powder coat finish – refer to WANZ standard Cedar/timber.
1.3 Cedar/timber Sectional Door
Domestic/Residential use – 2 years for steel frame & associated labour & 1 year for cladding material and surface coating, locking
mechanism & all other components & associated labour (excludes salt corrosion). Industrial/Commercial use – 1 year for all components, motor & labour. Customer supplied cladding is not covered by this warranty.
1.4 Commercial Shutter Door
1 year for all components & labour. Powder coated paint rub is not covered by this warranty. Powder coat finish – refer to WANZ standard
1.5 Tilt Door Fittings
Domestic/Residential – 1 year for all components & labour.
Domestic/Residential use - Please refer to motor manual (Labour not included after 2 years)
Associated labour only applies when installed directly by
Windsor Doors Ltd or subsidiary companies.
2. CLAIM PROCEDURE
To raise a claim under this warranty you must:
2.2 Produce a copy of the WDL purchase invoice and;
2.3 Provide evidence or return goods to Windsor Doors Ltd.
2.4 Where a product has been sold by WDL, make all warranty claims directly with the manufacturer or;
2.5 Where a product has been sold by an approved distributor, make all warranty claims directly with the approved distributor from which you purchased the product.
APPLICATION OF WARRANTIES
Where the Buyer is a consumer as defined in the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (Act), the provisions of the Act will apply notwithstanding any provision of these terms and conditions except where the Buyer is purchasing goods for the purpose of a business in which case the guarantees implied by the Act will not apply. All claims for breach of any of the guarantees given by WDL pursuant to the Act will be addressed in accordance with the Act.
3. DISTRBUTORS & APPROVED AGENTS
This warranty applies to customers, approved distributors and approved agents who purchase directly from the manufacturer. An approved distributor are those who are approved to resell WDL products, purchasing on an open account for the purpose of supplying WDL products to end users. An approved agent are contracted by WDL for installation purposes.
4. WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This warranty applies to the product where it is used, maintained & serviced in accordance with the Manufacturers purpose, and the care and maintenance requirements. Warranties are void if the product is used for any other purpose other than those intended by the Manufacturer.
4.2 Installation by approved agents
The warranty apply to defects in, or malfunction of the product resulting from faulty installation by an approved agent. Any product installed by a non-approved agent is not covered under this warranty.
4.3 Repair or Replace
This warranty covers repairs in a manner that the Manufacturer considers reasonable including, if necessary, the touch-up of surface coatings. If a replacement is required this decision is at the sole discretion of the Manufacturer.
4.4 Proven Defects
This warranty only applies to the repair or replace of
proven defects in materials & workmanship.
Proof of defect must be provided in the form a
photographic image or by returning the product to the
4.5 Proof of Purchase Date
Pursuant to clause 2, proof of purchase date is the date shown on the original invoice supplied by the manufacturer. This invoice is required when making a claim.
4.6 Environmental Conditions
This warranty does not cover damage to surface coatings or the base materials of the product or motors caused by the proximity to the seafront or similar corrosive conditions. Any extreme weather conditions are not covered by this warranty. WDL automatic opener products are not covered by product warranties where they have been installed in environments, which allow them to encounter excessive heat, moisture or humidity (e.g. carport applications).
5 LIMITS ON LIABILITY
5.1 The liability of WDL to the Buyer in relation to the supply of the
Product is limited to direct loss or damage to tangible property caused to the Buyer be up to an amount not exceeding the purchase price received by WDL for the Product.
5.2 The liability of WDL to the Buyer whether in tort (including negligence), contract, breach of statutory duty, equity or otherwise arising from the relationship between them is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. SPECIFIC EXCEPTIONS
Without limiting clause 5.1 WDL will not be liable for
any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by;
Windsor Doors (NZ) Ltd March 2017
6.1 operating a Product by any device, electronic or otherwise, which was not installed or supplied by WDL;
6.2 any masonry, rendered, or other surfaces cracking or collapsing during or after the installation of the Product;
6.3 any defect or deterioration of timber, including drying out after installation of product;
6.4 any weakening or collapse of the structure to which the Product is affixed occurring at any time after installation;
6.5 any damage to or deterioration in the condition of the Product occurring after delivery and before installation; or...
6.6 any other circumstance or event arising as a direct or indirect consequence or failure to any person to follow installation, use or maintenance instructions as issued by WDL from time to time.
7. MODEL MODIFICATIONS
Product warranties do not cover any modifications
made to existing or future models of the product in
products sold under these warranties.
8. LABOUR & MATERIALS
Pursuant to Clause 1, product warranties cover either the cost of the faulty component (s) & the labour involved in replacing / repairing the faulty component(s), or the component (s) only. Product Warranties do not cover indirect expenses such as, but not limited to, travel expenses.
9. ALTERATION TO WARRANTY TERMS
No representative or agent of the Manufacturer has the authority to alter the terms or coverage of this warranty.
WDL – Windsor Doors Ltd 347 Great South Road, Takanini.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Garage door kits are supplied with hardware and tracks in purposeful condition that require care and attention. To keep all hardware and tracks in working condition refer to the following for instructions:
1. To lubricate all moving parts WDL recommend using CRC 5-56 or WD40 spray and then follow the application guidelines on the product.
2. To clean all tracks we recommend using a dry light brush to remove all corrosive debris i.e. heavy industrial dust or salt from open water sources.
3. WDL products that are used more frequently i.e. constantly opened and closed, should be maintained more regularly. Recommended timeframe for standard use is once every 6 months, and for more frequent users this should be every 2-3 months.
Domestic/residential use we recommend servicing every 12 month. Commercial use we recommend servicing every 6-12 months. High usage you must service every 3-6 months. Adjustment: If any moving part or tracks require adjustment and the product was installed by a WDL approved agent, contact our office immediately.
Roller & Sectional Door
1. Cleaning: Use a soft bristled brush and clean water to clear corrosive contaminants from the steel. Corrosive contaminants include but not limited to salt water deposits and/or deposits from industrial sites.
2. Frequency: 3 monthly. Those areas closer to open waters or industrial sites should apply these cleaning products every 1 month.
Cedar/timber Sectional Door
1. Cleaning: Prior to applying finish product remove any debris from the cedar panels and ensure the doors is completely dry.
2. Application of stain or paints: We highly recommend using CD50 stain on our cedar/timber products. If other applications are used follow the guideline from your selected coating product and ensure you have coated both sides of each panel. Failing to follow the product application guideline will void the warranty. All cedar material must be coated or sealed prior to installation. Dark stain/paint should be avoided and will void the warranty. If panels are dropped off prior to install for application, the profile and size must be checked prior to application. WDL will not cover the application/ labour cost if panels are incorrect.
3. Application Frequency: WDL recommend that you follow the manufacturer’s guidelines from the selected finish product. If you have received a cedar door already coated you should reapply the same oil coating within 30 days of receiving the door, and every 12 months thereafter.
WARNING – DO NOT APPLY THE SAME CARE AND MAINTENANCE ON ANY SUPPLIED AUTOMATIC OPENERS. Refer only to the manufacturing manual.
EXPLANATION OF WARRANTY CONDITIONS
1. The warranty period is for two years from the date of installation. It is the customer's responsibility to supply the proof of purchase at the time of making the claim.
2. The warranty covers manufacturing defects only. It does not cover service-related issues accidental damage or neglect.
3. Failure to service the door at twelve-month intervals will void the warrant. It is important that you can produce service records during the warranty period.
4. Only approved Windsor Door agents may service or adjust the door. Using independent service providers will void the warranty.
5. Consumable items such as batteries, bulbs or fuses are not included in the warranty.
6. Normal wear and tear are excluded from the warranty.
7. Minor adjustments to auto openers, are not warranty items. See owner’s handbook for adjustment details.
8. The steel manufacturer requires that steel doors are washed every 3 months. Failure to do this will void the paint warranty. See NZ steel website for details.
9. Cedar is a natural product and there can be lines, knots and variations in colour and grains. We do our best to lay a uniform cedar door with boards supplied, but these variations are not covered by warranty. Cedar doors require ongoing maintenance by re-oiling inside and out. Splitting or cracking caused by lack of protective oil is not covered by the warranty. We recommend that at least three coats of CF50 be applied within the first twelve months.
10. To repair, replace or refund faulty products is solely at the discretion of Windsor Doors.